Monday, October 10, 2005

Community (part 1): those who have a "(personal) relationship" with Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan [sorry Jimmy Carter] (as much as I have) ----or those who can remember Richard Nixon and Ronald Reagan (as much as I can). ---it is not so much a poetic community, but a political community (that is not shy), (with) a integrated world history spanning millenia (yes, noone who constantly blames the U.S. for the world's problems here, no flat hegemony). --and i would not include the flat politicos because they say they are political and don't stick their head out, or the flat book learned history of flat consciousness (you're told to be aware and polite and correct, etc, etc, ). I mean I mean I mean sometimes I should have become an economist or political scientist. Poets appropriate politics, and although I do as well (I retch inside, alas the tension, alas the conflict, such inviting prosody)--the more I am with poetry in lieu as politics or theory, the more I feel I should have been an economist, perhaps a neo-supply-side economist.