Friday, September 16, 2005

A Reading this Tuesday at Mama Buzz Cafe (2318 Telegraph Ave):

Just in case there's anyone reading this who didn't hear about a reading this Tuesday (20th) through the eng_grads list-serve: come to Mama Buzz cafe this Tuesday at 7pmn to hear some Millsians (former and current) read some poetry. I asked them to bring work that incorporates or interrogates idioms: like speech idioms, academic idioms, architectural idioms, advertising idioms. I'm not sure what will come of this request, besides interesting poetry, so come find out with me. My friend and KALX DJ Dynamite Schultz will be making some soundwaves move via the wonders of a Macintosh. The reading starts well after the Works in Progress, so you can and should go to both. Here's the blurb I wrote for Mam Buzz's website:

Idiomat and Drycleaning: Poetries Various and Various Musics
Featuring Loretta Clodfelter, Dennis Somera, Jeremy Thompson, Dynamite Schultz
Tuesday, Sept 20, 7 to 9pm, free!
An idiom, like, the smallest idea that can make meaning but no sense. Not the "form of the thought", but the thought of the form. Ya know, like boxing (the sweet science). Three readings and one set of music which suffer greatly from the current state of language-oh, the humanity!

(and no, I'm not posting on Friday night 'cus I have nothing to do- I'm waiting to be fashioably late to a party, honest)