Sunday, December 05, 2004

The Poetry Project Newsletter is looking for some reading reports. Why doesn't someone write one up on Moxley or Bernstein or any of the other (poetry) readings this semester in bay area, or say Thailand? Email Marcella Durand marcelladurand@sprynet.com for more info.

I was just reading something William wrote. Which made me think I need to add a Jackson MacLow essay and a Ben Friedlander essay to reserves (both about replacing/manipulating source texts) . If they will let me at this late date, I will do this. I'm also going to ask them to let me maintain this reserves list even though I'm not teaching a workshop in the spring. I'd like to continue adding to it.

But just a reminder, you may want to download some of the articles on electronic reserve for your winter break reading pleasure because they usually shut down the electronic reserves sometime during finals.

To do this:
go to http://minerva.mills.edu
choose "reserves by faculty"
enter spahr in the box
choose english270
the password is ENG270-01F04


Still available (potential limited time offer):

Bride of the assembly line. Watten, Barrett.
Camp Messianism, or, the hopes of poetry in late-late capitalism. Nealon, Christopher. Commitment Adorno, Theodor W.
Creative reading techniques Padgett, Ron
The disobedient poetics of determinate negativity. Evans, Steve
History of the voice. Brathwaite, Edward Kamau.
How are verses made Mayakovsky, Vladimir
The Inventions of Philology Menocal, Maria Rosa
Local mythologies. Kawaharada, Dennis.
A nuyo-futurist's manifestiny. Torres, Edwin
A poetics of disgust Ngai, Sianne
re: Reading the Active Reader Theory Gilbert, Alan
:re:thinking:literary:feminism: Retallack, Joan
Towards a lyric history of India. Mufti, Aamir.
The unforseable diversity of the world. Glissant, Edouard

As I was looking at this list, I realize a number of articles are missing. I'm going to try and get them to add these (which I had already requested; I'm not sure why they are not showing up)...

Anzaldua, Gloria. "How to Tame a Wild Tongue"
Breton, Andre and Diego Rivera (and Trotsky). "Manifesto for an Independent Revolutionary Art"
Cortazar, Julio "The Writer and His Task in Latin America"
Dalton, Rogue. "Poetry and Militancy in Latin America"
Hejinian, Lyn. "The Rejection of Closure"
Howe, Susan. "Encloser"
Mullen, Harryette. "Imagining the Unimagined Reader: Writing to the Unborn and Including the Excluded"
Waldrop, Rosmarie. "Alarms and Excursions"