Sunday, November 28, 2004

rare occasion indeed. I got to translate 2 stanzas of an ancient Thai poem for my TV script! thought I place them here. And Hello everyone :)

(one stroke ( / ) indicates a pause, two strokes ( //) indicate a line break )


the night fallen, the time / lanterns float //
all men and women / out gliding //
music amidst singing / I hear //
fingers graciously saluting / I see //

lantern of precious light / amber gold //
yet without a lover, my heart shows / darkness //
fire burning low / yet persisting //
my heart smoulders / in restlessness //

and this is the original....

กรรดึกเดือนตั้งแต่ง โคมถวาย
ทุกท่วยหญิงชายแสวง ล่องเหล้น
ขับซอปี่แคนหลาย เพลงพาทย์
ติ้งติ่งนิ้วน้าวเต้น ร่อนรำ

โคมทองประทีปแก้ว เรืองใน
อกพี่คือโคมดำ คู่ได้
เพลิงผลาญกระอุใจ วนิเจต
ทรวงรลุงหลาญไหม้ ป่วนเปน