Tuesday, September 28, 2004

after the Gizzi reading, !salsa!- this thursday in sf.

Come celebrate Hector Lavoe's birthday with my punk-rock salsa trio:

On September 30, 1946 salsa's greatest cantante was born in Ponce, Puerto Rico. In honor of this, me and two of my friends are going to completely destroy his music with baritone sax, distorted guitar and drum set renditions of fania records classics. The gig promises to be a lot of fun as we've been playing together for three years in various ill-advised and compromised positions.

The place is The Lost and Found Saloon, 1353 Grant, in North Beach (caddy-corner to Grant and Green). It's a hokey rock bar that will probably kick us out after the first set (I think I told them we were a singer-songwriter band or some other bullshit to get the gig). Anyways, if you're feeling adventurous, or need to impress (or alienate) a date, show up.

!viva Lavoe!,
Dillon