Wednesday, March 10, 2004

great work on the retallack book so far. my hope is maybe it will help us get back to the howe book. which i still want to work on some collectively.

i love the stein blog, padcha. i have fantasy of doing blog for critical writing i am working on just to put it under pressure of some sort. posting drafts and then seeing if any feedback comes around. (i like internet b/c it is public but it is so big that no one really reads it; seems perfect for putting pressure on drafts of thoughts w/o pressure of feeling it is final.) i might try this this summer.

scott, i liked your statement this: "Go make get $25 million and make a bloody movie about Christ. That matters. Poems don't matter. I mean, sure, they matter to you and me and my friends and maybe my mom and siblings (on a good day)." I like that they don't "matter" in the way that the entertainment wing of the military industrial complex, aka hollywood, matters and then how they matter, which is intimate.