Friday, February 13, 2004

i forgot about beers on thursday night. please remind me.

jessea! interesting!

sometimes i think when this political question dissolves, as it does when the work isn't tied to clear political movements--in the way that trask's is tied to sovereignty or in the way that sandinista poets were tied to that revolution--that i turn to myself. and i say, well my political life was changed by poetry. somewhat. i'm still trying to sort out how much of this was was social and how much of it in the work. probably some combination of both.

i think rodrigo's book platform is great because it is trying to build (rebuild?) ties b/t form and clear political moments. it states its affiliations very clearly. i like that. no chance of confusion?

i think what i like about this question is that i am still trying to think this through. and one question i have is how to tie poetry to various political movements that matter to me. the anti-globalization movement matters to me. ok, now what? what does that mean for my writing? but also for my way of life? (b/c both come together no matter what.)